wkhtmltopdf - Convert html to pdf using webkit (qtwebkit)
Extracted Page: http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf - Convert html to pdf using webkit (qtwebkit)
Simple shell utility to convert html to pdf using the webkit rendering engine, and qt.
Searching the web, I have found several command line tools that allow you to convert a HTML-document to a PDF-document, however they all seem to use their own, and rather incomplete rendering engine, resulting in poor quality. Recently QT 4.4 was released with a WebKit widget (WebKit is the engine of Apples Safari, which is a fork of the KDE KHtml), and making a good tool became very easy.
- Feb 1 2011: Release wkhtmloptf 0.10.0 rc2 Mac OSX binaries, thanks to Anton Sherstyuk.
- Jan 30 2011: Released wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0 rc2. Some bugfixes, archives can now be extarcted by meer mortals.
- Nov 7 2010: Released wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0 rc1. Lots of bugs fixed.
- Aug 11 2010: Released wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0_beta5. Now with libwkhtmtox.
- Jul 29 2010: Added wkhtmltopdf/image 0.10.0_beta4 osx binaries thanks to Matt Reiferson.
- Jun 27 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0_beta4 released. Lots of bugs fixed, and some new features added.
- Jun 14 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0_beta2 released. The --version switch in the amd64 binaries mistakenly sayes 0.9.9. New in this release is wkhtmltoimage developed by Christian Sciberras. Please give it a spin and report any bugs in the issue tracker.
- Jun 9 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.10.0_beta1 released. This contains a lot of new features. Please give it a spin and report any bugs in the issue tracker.
- May 25 2010: There is now a 0.9.9 Mac OS X i386 build, thanks to Jan.
- May 24 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.9 released. This is mainly a bug fix release.
- Apr 29 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.6 released. This is mainly a bug fix release.
- Mar 22 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.5 released. This is purely a bug fix release.
- Feb 27 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.3 released. This is purely a bug fix release.
- Feb 14 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.2 released. This is a bug fix release with few new features.
- Jan 28 2010: There is now a 0.9.1 Mac OS X i386 build, thanks to Jan.
- Jan 27 2010: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.1 released. This is a bug fix release with few new features.
- Dec 22 2009: wkhtmltopdf 0.9.0 released. Adding support for cookies and POST requests.
- Dec 19 2009: Pushed out beta 4 release of 0.9.0. Fixing I/O bugs under windows.
- Dec 05 2009: Pushed out beta 3 release of 0.9.0. Adding support for custom page sizes, and using an updated snapshot of qt4.6 which fixses some bugs.
- Oct 25 2009: Pushed out beta 2 release of 0.9.0, with some small fixes to beta 1.
- Oct 25 2009: Pushed out beta 1 release of 0.9.0, please report any issues you find in the bug tracker, if there already is an issue please update it and write that it is still valid in the beta, if some of the issues are fixed please state that as well, see the change log for details.
- Aug 11 2009: Development moved to git http://github.com/antialize/wkhtmltopdf
- Jul 27 2009: Added OS-X builds (Thanks to Bernhard Valenti)
- Jul 21 2009: Updated many parts of the site.
- Jul 21 2009: Version 0.8.3 released, see the ChangeLog for details.
To use this software download the latest static release unpack it and run it like
wkhtmltopdf www.myhomepage.com myhomepage.pdf
for a list of available options see
- Convert web pages into PDF documents using webkit
- Adding headers and footers (static version only)
- TOC generation (static version only)
- Batch mode conversions
- (Linux) No longer requires an XServer to be running (however the X11 client libs must be installed)
If you have any problems or comments please feel free to contact me: see http://www.daimi.au.dk/~jakobt/#about
Matt Reiferson have made python and php bindings to libwkhtmltox, they can be found here: